Agra is a meeting place for foreign tourists as well as tourists from the different parts of the country. It is necessary to know what to do and what not to do, while in Agra. It will facilitate your trip on the one hand and bound to save you from some real embarrasment while enjoying your sojourn.
To Do When In Agra
Before you reach Agra, one is requested to take stock of the points you need to follow, for your smooth a memorable trip.
- Always take a pre-arranged or metered auto to reach your destination. It is a better idea to negotiate the fare clearly, if it is not metered. Use of Ola and Uber vehicle is another hassle free option for local conveyance.
- Enquire from the cab driver whether toll taxes and parking charges are included in the fare or not.
- Use non-polluting battery operated golf cart or buses, run by the state government to reach Taj Mahal from parking areas and to other monuments, where these are available.
- Jot down important numbers of administrative officer, police assistance, monuments help desk etc. for any assistance.
- Select your place of stay, well in advance, even before you arrive, It is advisable to book your hotel online and request for pickup from railway station or any other suitable place where you decide to step down. This way you can avoid hassles of selecting conveyance to your place of stay too.
- Select only well-known, certified hotels or guest houses, which have good ratings by an independent agency or reviewers.
- Wear decent clothes, ladies in short dresses are usually not liked in orthodox culture-oriented families.
- Ask for cab and registered travel guide and photographer. Check their credentials, before your trip.
- Decide and finalize only approved rates.
—–You May Be Interested in These Articles Too—–
Do Not Do in Agra
- Do not consider emporiums, suggested by or escorted by your guide, photographer, driver or any of other well-wishers. It is suggested that you find out some reasonable emporia and go their on your own. Usually, people accompanied by a visiting foreign travellers are given huge cuts on their purchases. The cut will obviously be deducted from the inlflated rates of the products, you intend to buy.
- Do not give more than printed price, which needs to be fully tax paid. Take proper recepts of the items which you have bought. Take guarantee card, duly stamped and signed. It may be required anytime.
- Do not trust strangers, street vendors and beggers. You should avoid taking any eatables or drinks from your fellow passengers and strangers.
- Do not take eatables, drinks etc. in the monuments. Eating, drinking and smoking is not allowed inside the premises of the monuments.
- Firearms and ammunitions are strictly prohibited in the heritage monuments. You can be frisked and a case registered against you if some incriminating thing is found with you.
- Do not scratch, touch or damage any wall or part of the monument. It is an offence.
- Do not litter there. Try to keep the sanctity of the places.
- Photography upto a certain point is allowed. No tripods are allowed inside the monuments. Videography is also not allowed.
You May Also Like to Read